Click for original post
Time: 50 m (20 m prep, 30 m cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 5 lbs ground beef
- 3 tbsp sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 1/2 avocado chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin*
- Salt and pepper* to taste
- 1 package hamburger buns
- 1 package of grains (farro or pearled barley depending on availability)
- 5 bunches kale
- 1 apple diced
- 1/2 cup red cabbage diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt* to taste
Salt and pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
- Patty out ground beef
- Chop sun-dried tomatoes and avocado. Crumble cheese
- make pockets in the patties and "stuff" with the ingredients.
- Brush burgers with olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste and grill until golden brown and slightly charred on one side (about 3 minutes), then flip them over and grill until slightly charred on the other side (About 4 minutes for medium).
- Cook farro, pearled barley or other grain according to package directions.
- De-stem the kale.
- Place the kale leaves, olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt in a large salad bowl.
- Gently massage the kale until it is soft and a bright green color (2-5 minutes)
- Toast the walnuts in a pan for 2-5 minutes until they get slightly browned, but be careful not to burn them.
- Assemble by tossing all the ingredients together in the large salad bowl.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled. Will keep in the refrigerator for up to a day.