Method to my Meals
Click For Original Post
Time: 1:10 (40 m prep, 30 m cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 3 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 8 ounces dried spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt*
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper*
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil*
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes, canned, don’t drain the sauce
- 2 cups canned lima beans drained and rinsed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper*
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves for garnish
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl combine squash and 2 tablespoons of water. 3. Cover with plastic wrap and poke a few holes in the plastic. Microwave on high for 4 minutes and stir. Microwave, covered, about 4 minutes more or until squash is tender. Carefully remove plastic wrap. Mash squash and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions and drain. In a medium saucepan heat butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and green onions.
- Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour over mushroom mixture. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add milk, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in squash. Add pasta. Gently fold to combine.
- Transfer half of the pasta mixture to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Add remaining pasta and cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Put the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When it’s hot, add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring until the onion softens, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and adjust the heat so that mixture bubbles gently. Cook until the tomatoes break apart, about 10-15 minutes. Add water, 2 tablespoons at a time, if the tomatoes start to look dry.
- Stir in the lima beans and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until tender and hot all the way through. Cook for 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, sprinkle with oregano and serve.