Click for original post
Time: 1:10 m (25 m prep, 45 m cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper*
- Olive or coconut oil cooking spray*
- 2 medium yellow onion, thinly diced
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (10 ounces) packages frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup mashed avocado
- 5 ounces light mozzarella cheese, grated
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease or line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Spread the sliced mushrooms on the baking sheet and spray with the cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and toss until evenly distributed. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10-12 minutes, or until golden and slightly crispy. Set aside until ready to use.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the thinly diced onion to the skillet and cook, stirring often, until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add in minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, add the cauliflower florets to a food processor and process, scraping down as needed, until it resembles “rice,” approximately 2-3 minutes. Add the cauliflower “rice” to the skillet and stir, cooking for about a minute or so, until combined.
- Heat the vegetable broth to a gentle simmer, preferably over the stovetop, but the microwave is (per usual) a viable option. Add in ¼ cup of the simmering broth to the cauliflower mixture in the skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until completely incorporated. Repeat until only ½ cup of the broth remains.
- Stir in the white wine vinegar, adding in more or less as you desire, and then stir in the rest of the broth.
- Once all the broth has been incorporated, it is best to let the risotto sit on the stove over low heat, as it lets the flavors really mingle and caramelize. That being said, you are welcome to serve it right away.
- Salt and pepper to taste, and top with roasted mushrooms. Devour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a 1-1/2-quart shallow baking dish with cooking spray or oil and set aside.
- Heat a large greased skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 4 to 7 minutes. Add spinach and cook until spinach is hot, about 5 minutes. Drain any liquid from the mixture and transfer to a bowl.
- Pour almond milk into the skillet and return to medium heat. Add in mashed avocado and whisk vigorously until as smooth as possible. Add the spinach mixture back into the pot and stir to combine. Stirring occasionally, cook until the mixture is thoroughly warmed and starting to brown. Remove from heat and stir in salt, pepper, and 3 ounces of grated cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and bake in the oven until bubbly and golden brown on top, about 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool slightly and devour.