Seven Layer Charlotte
Click for original link
Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes (1 hour prep, 30 m cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- Romaine lettuce, washed and chopped small
- Roasted chicken, chopped
- 5 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, rough chop
- 3 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper*
- 1 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 3-4 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil*
- Salt, to taste*
- 1 1/2 cup organic polenta (finest grind available)
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt*
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 Tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 Tablespoons honey
Collard Green Wraps:
- 3 bunches collard greens
- Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
Large, shallow pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 12” cast iron skillet with cold butter
- Combine polenta, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, with a hand mixer, beat the egg, melted butter, coconut milk and honey.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour into skillet and bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. It will brown slightly on the top and around the edges.
- Cool and cut into small cubes. Lightly toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Spread out onto baking sheet topped with parchment paper.
- Bake until pieces are crispy and edges have browned.
- Blend ingredients 3-10 in a blender or food processor to make the dressing.
Blanched Collard Greens:
- Fill large bowl with ice water. Set aside.
- In a large, shallow pan, bring 5 cups of water to a simmer.
- Cut the stem from each of the leaves and trim the spine so that it is flat.
- Place the leaves, one at a time into the simmering water for 30 seconds. The longer it simmers, the softer it will become – avoid over-cooking to protect the integrity of the leaf.
- With a pair of tongs, remove the leaf and place into the ice bath for 10 seconds.
- Remove and pat dry with towel.
Chicken Caesar Collard Green Wraps – Directions to assemble one wrap:
- Combine ¾ cup lettuce with ¼ cup chicken, 1 Tablespoon of parmesan and a couple spoons-full of dressing.
- Place into prepared collard greens and roll with the spine and wrapping the sides underneath.