Method to my Meals
Click for original post
Time: 1 h 20 m(20 m prep, 60 m cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil*
- 1 – 4 oz piece pancetta, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt*, plus more for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper*, plus more for seasoning
- 2 – 14 oz cans low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 packed cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 skinless chicken breasts with rib meat (1- 1 ½ pounds total)
- 12 oz frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 – 15 oz can Cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
Salt and Pepper
Large ovenproof skillet
- In a heavy 5-6 quart saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring frequently, until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pancetta and drain on a paper towel. Set aside.
- Add the carrots, celery, onion, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken stock, basil, tomato paste, thyme, and bay leaf. Add the chicken and press down to submerge. Bring the liquid to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, turning the chicken over and stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Add the artichokes and the Cannellini beans and simmer until the chicken is cooked through and liquid has reduced slightly, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and let cool for 5 minutes. Discard the bones and cut the meat into bite-sized pieces. Return the meat to the saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes until warmed through. Remove the bay leaf and discard. Season the spezzatino with salt and pepper, to taste. Ladle into bowls and garnish with cooked pancetta.