Method to my Meals
Click for original post
Time: 35 minutes (10 m prep, 25 m cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided*
- 1 pound chicken breasts cut into 1” chunks
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cremini or portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine*
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 pound egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup sour cream plus more for garnish
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste*
Salt and pepper
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place the cut up chicken into a bowl. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
- Place the chicken in the hot skillet and brown for 4-5 minutes. The chicken doesn’t need to be cooked throughout. Remove from the pan and transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining one tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Add the mushroom and cook until brown, about 4 minutes. Add the shallot, onion and garlic and stir occasionally until they are soft. Pour in the wine and cook for 1 minute. Add the butter and flour. Whisk continuously and slowly add the chicken stock. Keep whisking, and add the Worcestershire, thyme, and some salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and allow the sauce to thicken.
- Toss in the chicken, turn the heat down to medium-low and cook for 6-8 minutes. Add the egg noodles and sour cream, and stir until combined. Cook for 2 more minutes, add salt and pepper to taste, then remove from the heat and garnish with parsley if desired.