Click for original post
Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes (30 m prep, 1 hour 15 min cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 4-5 lb whole chicken
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon each of the following:
- ground cumin
- cayenne pepper
- 2 whole ripe mangoes
- 2 limes
- 1/2 large red onion, divided
- 3 large garlic cloves divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine coconut oil with spices in a bowl.
- Remove innards from chicken.
- Smear coconut spice mixture under skin of chicken and all over the outside.
- Place 1 sliced lime, 2 garlic cloves and 1/4 cup sliced red onion inside chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, peel mangoes and chop. Chop remaining red onion, garlic and cilantro. Combine all together with salt and juice of 1 lime. Stir and let sit to help flavors combine.
- Once chicken is finished cooking, serve alongside mango salsa.