Click for Original Post
Time: 6:15 (15 m prep, 6 h cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- ~1 lb. Bone-in Turkey Breast, fresh or thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil*
- 3 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper*
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 7 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
Salt and pepper
- Place turkey breast in crock-pot and coat with oil.
- Sprinkle all seasonings on top of turkey breast until generously coated (you should barely see the turkey skin on top).
- Set crock-pot on low for 6 hours.
- Place cut potatoes, in a large pot filled with water (the potatoes should be covered with about 1/2 inch water).
- Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Drain water and add butter, milk and parsley.
- Mash to desired consistency and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour turkey drippings through a fine Sieve (to get all the chunks out) into a small sauce pan.
- Remove about 1/2 cup of drippings into a small bowl and with a whisk, combine with flour and mix until it becomes a smooth paste. Heat sauce pan drippings and pour flour mixture into sauce pan, whisking continuously. Bring gravy to a boil and stir until thick.