The Defined Dish
Click for original post
Time: 6:15 (15 m prep, 6 h cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 white onion, diced fine
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and stemmed, then diced fine
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (14 oz) can of Diced Tomatoes
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt* (ideally kosher)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper*
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 avocados, diced
Salt and pepper
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts. Season both sides of chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Place in the bottom of a crockpot.
- Now add the diced onion, jalapeno, and minced garlic over the chicken.
- Last, add the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, chipotle chili powder, salt, pepper and cumin. Stir well to combine. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4-6.
- When cooking time is complete, using tongs remove the chicken from the crockpot and onto a cutting board. Using two forks, shred the chicken. Place shredded chicken back into the crockpot.
- Stir in 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice into the crockpot.
- Place 1/2 an avocado, cubed, in the bottom of a soup bowl. Ladle soup over avocado. Garnish with cilantro if you please. Serve and enjoy!