Click for original post
Time: 20 m (5 m prep, 15 m cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1 teaspoon salt*
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper*
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt
Creamy Mashed Potatoes:
- 7 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- Dash of milk (or until desired consistency is met)
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste*
Salt and Pepper
Small mixing bowl
Small Sauce Pan
- In a small bowl, combine salt, cumin, coriander, and pepper and rub on all sides of steak.
- Preheat grill to around 400 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place steaks on grill, flipping occasionally, until cooked to desired doneness (ours were super thin and cooked around 4-5 minutes each side).
- Bring vinegar to a boil in a small heavy saucepan; reduce to a simmer, and cook until thickened and syrupy, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in salt.
- Let cool completely before serving (glaze will thicken slightly as it cools).
- Place cut potatoes, in a large pot filled with water (the potatoes should be covered with about 1/2 inch water).
- Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Drain water and add butter, milk and parsley.
- Mash to desired consistency and salt and pepper to taste