Click for original post
Time: 45 m (15 m prep, 30 m cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 1-1/2 cups diced red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 (16 ounce) packages seitan crumbles/meatless crumbles
- 6 (7 inch) tortillas* (I cut them into quarters to make them easier to layer.)
- 8 ounces cheese, shredded
Extra virgin olive oil; olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with aluminum foil and grease (or don’t use aluminum foil and just grease very well) and set aside.
- Heat a large greased skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the red onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about five minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for a few more minutes, until the mixture becomes brown.
- Add veggie broth, chili powder, cumin, salsa. Thoroughly stir in meatless crumbles. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is completely warm and starting to brown.
- In the prepared baking dish, layer the ingredients like this: tortillas, salsa mixture, cheese, tortilla, salsa mixture, cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 400°F for about 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden. Devour.