Method to my Meals
Click for original post
Time: 55 m (15 m prep, 40 m cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 1 cup small penne pasta
- 1 tablespoons olive oil*
- ½ cup cubed chicken breast
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt*
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper*
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon butter, plus more for buttering the baking dish
Salt and pepper
Large mixing bowl
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Be careful not to overcook. Drain pasta into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour olive oil into a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes. Add the onions and garlic, stirring to combine, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Put the chicken mixture into the bowl with the drained, cooked pasta. Add the canned tomatoes, mozzarella, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Place the mixture in a buttered 8x8 baking dish, or whatever you have on hand.
- In a small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over the top of the pasta mixture. If you wish (I didn’t use the butter), dot the top with small bits of butter. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes.