Two Places at Once
Click for original post
Time: 45 minutes (20 m prep, 25 min cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil*
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 3 small bell peppers, cored and diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoons thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper*
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 14 ounces pre-cooked Bratwurst
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add celery, onion, bell pepper, jalapenos and garlic and sauté for a few minutes until translucent.
- To the vegetables, add the chicken stock, diced tomatoes, cajun seasoning, bay leaf, thyme, cayenne, salt and pepper. Stir the mix to combine.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and add the rice. Cover and cook the mix for 20-30 minutes, or until the rice is cooked.
- Meanwhile, while rice is cooking, treat a grill pan (or frying pan) with cooking spray or oil and bring to medium-high heat. Add sausage and shrimp, turning to cook evenly. Remove from heat and place on cutting board once fully-cooked. Coin slice sausage.
- Once the rice has cooked, add in the chicken, sausage and shrimp. Adjust seasoning as necessary, remove the bay leaf and serve!