Rye & Butter
Click for original post
Time: 40 m (10 m prep, 30 m cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil*
- 1 Large leek, sliced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- ½ cup white wine*
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- salt & pepper*
- parmesan cheese
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 ½ pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- juice of 1 lemon, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper
Dutch oven or ovenproof pot
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a Dutch oven or ovenproof pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add leeks and shallot and cook, until soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add rice, season with salt and pepper. Add wine and broth; bring to a boil. Cover and transfer to oven. Bake until rice is tender and liquid is mostly absorbed, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in chicken stock and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in remaining 6 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in shrimp and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley leaves, if desired.
- Divide between bowls and serve with Parmesan.