Click for original post
Time: 40 m (20 m prep, 20 m cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 24 oz mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin*
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 1 bell pepper sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- Corn tortillas
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups water*1 lemon squeezed
- 1/2 cup green olives sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin*
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 bell peppers I used red and green (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup parsley
Salt and pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
- Drizzle the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, peppers, and onions and let them saute for 15 minutes until they soften and brown.
- Add tamari, smoked paprika and garlic. Continue to saute for 2-3 more minutes.
- Warm corn tortillas and fill with the mushroom mixture.
- Top with sliced avocado and chopped heirloom tomatoes.
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- When the quinoa cools, dice all the vegetables, and add them to the quinoa with a squeeze of the lemon.
- Drizzle with olive oil and red wine vinegar. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Add more lemon juice, if needed. Top with parsley.