The Defined Dish
Click for original post
Time: 35 m (15 m prep, 20 m cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 1/2 cup olive oil*
- 2 heaping tbsp. freshly chopped dill
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- juice of 2 lemons
- 3 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- pinch of kosher salt*
- pinch of black pepper*
- 4 (6-8oz) Salmon Filets
- 4 tbsp. olive oil*
- Kosher salt and black pepper*
- 1 lb. brussel sprouts
- olive oil*
- kosher salt*
- 1 head bibb lettuce
- 1/2 cup hearts of palm, sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, halved
Salt and pepper
Olive oil (or grapeseed oil)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut woody ends off of the brussel sprouts, then cut in half lengthwise. Toss with 2 tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet and place in oven, roast for about 20 minutes.
- Line a separate baking sheet with parchment paper. Place salmon filets on top. Drizzle each with 1 tbsp. of olive oil and season, to taste, with kosher salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and roast until the salmon is opaque throughout, 20 to 25 minutes (depending on the thickness of your salmon).
- Meanwhile, In a bowl, whisk together all of the salad dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Tear bibb lettuce into large pieces and separate into two bowls. Top with sliced onion, hearts of palm, and avocado.
- When the salmon and the brussel sprouts are ready, add them to each bowl alongside the lettuce and avocado combination.
- Drizzle with desired amount of the mustard dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!