The Wife with a Knife
Time: 25 m (10 m prep, 15 m cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 1 package whole wheat linguine
- ½ white onion, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10 large basil leaves, chopped
- 3 small lemon slices, no seeds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 5 cups water*
- 2 tbs. olive oil*
- 1 tbs. COLD butter
- Parmesan to your preference
- Salt and pepper* to your preference
- 1 lb. ground spicy Italian sausage
- 1 lb. ground regular Italian sausage
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- 3 large eggs
- Handful of fresh basil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- extra virgin olive oil*
- 1/2. cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (Italian if they have it)
Salt and pepper
Extra virgin olive oil*
- In a large saute pan, put pasta down first, followed by all of the ingredients besides the last three (butter, parm and seasoning).
- I had a large, straight edged pan, so I used it, but just use a pan that can fit the noodles flat. I like to go ahead and put in a bit of salt at this time to season the water/oil more.
- Bring the ingredients to a boil.
- Once it boils, start stirring or tossing all the ingredients together in the pan.
- Once the pasta mixture boils, it should take about 10 minutes to cook, and the water/oil combo will turn into its own sauce.
- At the end, toss in the cold butter and some parmesan and season to taste.
- Add some fresh chopped basil!
- Mix together the three meats until well combined.
- Chop the basil and galic.
- Whisk the eggs and oil together with the chopped basil and garlic (If you have a Vitamix or MagicBullet just blend all four ingredients)
- Add the liquid and the cheese and breadcrumbs to the meat and combine it all together.
- Once the mixture has combined, roll into the size of a golf ball.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Mix the meatballs in with the pasta and serve it up!