Food Life Love
Click for original post
Time: 1 hour (35 m prep, 25 m cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper*
- 1 mozzarella ball, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, cut in half
- 4 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 roasted garlic, about 8 cloves
- 1/4 c marinated artichokes, roughly chopped
- 8 fresh basil leaves
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the broccoli florets in a food processor and pulse until completely riced. Place the riced broccoli in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave the broccoli until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. When the broccoli is tender, place it in a kitchen towel. Squeeze the broccoli to get all of the liquid out. There will be lots and lots of excess moisture, you need to make sure this is removed or the crust will not crisp up. When the moisture is removed from the broccoli, place it in a bowl. Allow to cool.
- When the broccoli has cooled, add the eggs, cheese, and spices. Mix to combine completely. Place the broccoli mixture on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. You want the pizza crust to be about 1/4 inch in thickness. With a paper towel, press down on the crust to remove any excess moisture one last time. Believe me, this step really helps for a crispy pizza.
- Bake the pizza for 12 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned. Remove the pizza from the oven and add on the toppings. Place the pizza back in the oven and continue to cook until the cheese is melted and the crust has crisped up. This should take about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the pizza from the oven and let cool slightly. Top with fresh basil leaves. Cut into slices and enjoy!