Seven Layer Charlotte
Click Here for Original Post
Serves: 6 (makes 12 individual quiches)
Time: 30 minutes (10 m prep, 20 m cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 1 packages refrigerated pie crust
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 3/4 tsp salt*
- 1/4 tsp black pepper*
- 6 oz spinach finely chopped (I used a food processor)
- 1 packs bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cups mozzarella grated
Salt and pepper
Parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Prep all of the filling ingredients: chop the spinach, prepare the bacon, and grate the cheese. Whisk the eggs, then add in the salt, pepper, and half and half and mix well. (All of these can be done the day before).
- Roll out one of the circles of refrigerated pie dough. Use a rolling pin to make it a little thinner. Cut 5 circles out using the rim of the tart pan. Once you've cut out as many circles as possible, re-roll the dough and cut out more circles until the dough is almost all used. (I got 6-7 circles out of each).
- Place the dough circles into the tart pans. Do not grease the pans first. Press the dough into the pans, so that it goes up to close to the top of the sides. If you leave the dough at the bottom of the pan, the eggs will leak out.
- In each tart pan, put 1/8 cup chopped spinach, a small handful of bacon, 1/4 cup (or a little less) of the egg mixture, and a small handful of cheese.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes. Cool for a couple minutes in the tart pans, then carefully remove and serve.
- If you are making these ahead and freezing them, cool them the rest of the way on a cooling rack. Once completely cooled, wrap in saran wrap, then in foil. Store several together in a freezer bag.