The Dessert Dietitian
Click here for original post
Time: 45 m (25 m prep, 20 m cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cups fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil* (plus 1 tablespoon)
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (large)
- 2 mangos (large), peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cups purple onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cups fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons jalapeno chilis, chopped
Salt and pepper
Olive oil (or grapeseed oil)
- In a high powered blender, combine the green onions, garlic, chile, lime juice, soy sauce, 2 Tablespoons olive oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt and pepper. Process until fully combined and smooth.
- Place chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag and coat evenly with the jerk sauce. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready to make the dish, preheat oven to 350F and remove chicken from the fridge.
- Prepare the mango salsa by combining all the ingredients in a medium bowl and setting aside.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium high heat and add the 1 Tablespoon olive oil to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- Add all four chicken breasts into the skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side (10 minutes total), searing but not completely cooking the chicken through.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and cover in the mango salsa.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Garnish with more chopped jalapeño if desired.