Two Places at Once
Click for original post
Time: 6:30 hours (30 m prep, 6 hours cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 2 teaspoons salt*
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked rice, to serve
- Salt and pepper to taste*
Salt and pepper
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine onion, garlic and tomato paste. Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes stopping every 1.5 minutes to mix. Once the aromatics are cooked, pour in the slow cooker.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine garam masala, paprika and salt. Pour evenly over the chicken mix in the slow cooker.
- Cover the chicken mixture with the diced tomatoes, coconut milk and chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- Cook for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- Once the chicken has cooked, shred it with two forks in the slow cooker.
- Serve the tikka masala with rice immediately or store in the fridge for up to a week.