Click for Original Post
Time: 30 minutes (5 m prep, 25 m cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (white and green part)
- 2 pounds Yukon gold or russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 5 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
Salt & pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for the potatoes.
- Add steamer basket and water to a second pot for the green beans. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Peel two pounds of potatoes and add to one pot of water. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until tender.
- In a large skillet (preferably cast iron) heat the oil on medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook until brown on the first side, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side until brown, about 2-3 more minutes. Remove chicken from the pan, place on a plate and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, chicken stock, green onions, 1/2 tsp salt & 1/4 tsp pepper. Mix well.
- To boiling pot with steamer basket, add green beans. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until bright green and slightly tender. Drain remove basket and add butter to coat.
- Drain potatoes, add milk and butter, mash to desired consistency and add, salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer chicken and any accumulated juices back to the skillet with the onions and garlic. Pour sour cream mixture over chicken and stir to coat chicken.
- Cover and cook on medium/low heat for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is done. Taste for seasonings, if desired, add more salt and pepper.