A Dancer's Plate
Click for original post
Time: 1:20 m (20 m prep, 1 h cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 2 medium spaghetti squash (6-7 inches long)
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- ½ cup pesto, extra to taste
- 1-2 cups fresh baby spinach, torn/chopped
- 1 extra large carrot, shredded
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- Salt and pepper*, to taste
- 8 oz. shredded cheese
- 2 T. fresh parsley to garnish
- Olive oil* for cooking
Extra virgin olive oil; olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. For easy cutting if you don't have sharp kitchen knives, pop each squash in the microwave for 5 minutes to soften it up. The knife will cut completely through easier this way.
- Next grab a baking sheet or baking dish with sides so that the juices don't run into your oven.
- To prevent sticking, rub the cut side of the squash with a small amount of olive oil. Salt and pepper both sides generously.
- Place inside a baking dish or lined baking sheet and bake face-down for 30-40 minutes, or until tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- While the squash is baking, cook chicken completely either on stove-top or grill. Whichever you prefer. I always season well with salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and toss with pesto.
- Set aside.
- In a medium-size pan, heat a little olive oil or coconut oil to medium-high heat and sauté your bell pepper and carrot for 3-5 minutes. Next add the spinach and pesto chicken and stir to wilt the spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Next add your cheese to the hot mixture. Mix about ¾ of the cheese in with the chicken and veggies and save the rest for topping.
- Fluff your squash with a fork before stirring in the chicken and veggie mixture.
- Top with the rest of your grated cheese and cover the baking dish in foil, leaving a little room at the top (triangle shape) so the cheese doesn't stick.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for around 20-30 minutes or until bubbling.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, extra cheese, and enjoy!