Rye & Butter
Click for original post
Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes (1 hour, 15 min prep, 30 min cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 4 1 lb. Center cut bone-in pork chops
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper*
- 1 cup pineapple juice from concentrate
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1/4 small jalapeno, sliced
- Cilantro for garnish
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 inch piece of ginger, peeled and julienned
- 1 1/2 lbs baby spinach leaves, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt*
Salt and pepper
Pots and pans
Plastic bag for marinade
- Season pork with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Mix pineapple juice, garlic, tamari, 2 tablespoons sesame oil and jalapeño in a plastic bag. Add pork chops and turn to coat. Chill for a minimum of 1 hour and maximum up to 1 day.
- Remove pork from marinade, letting excess drip off. Heat remaining sesame oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. When pan is hot add pork chops and cook 3 minutes on the first side. Flip and cook on the other side for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and garnish with cilantro.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger cook until soften about 3 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until the spinach is slightly wilted.
- Add soy sauce to taste and continue cooking, just until the spinach has all wilted. Season to taste with salt and top with sesame seeds.
- Rinsing rice is a key step to fluffy rice. Add rice to strainer, run water over rice until the water runs clear. At the start of rinsing the water will appear very cloudy.
- Combine rice, coconut milk, sugar, salt, and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan
- Bring just to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar, then cover and reduce heat to low. Stirring occasionally.
- Cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 25-30 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork; cover and let sit for 10 minutes.