Time: 1 hour (40 m prep, 20 m cook)
(Ingredients and measurements based on availability)
- 2 lb. (4 breasts) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 package baby spinach
- 1 jar (16 oz) roasted red peppers (in water)
- 1 lb. Gouda cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 pound bacon
- 2 beefsteak or large vine tomatoes
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
Skillet with lid
Pot with lid
Cheese grater (optional)
Garlic Press (optional)
- Heat oven to 400
- Cut two tomatoes in half. Using a spoon, remove some of the seeds.
- Drizzle inside of each with olive oil to coat.
- Add salt, pepper and Italian Seasoning and then fill with parmesan.
- On a prepared baking sheet, place in pre-heated oven
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is brown and tomato is soft.
- Grate gouda with a cheese grater and set aside (or finely chop into shred-sized pieces)
- Drain red peppers, rough chop or cut into small ¼ by 1” strips
- In a skillet, add a few tablespoons of water, fill with spinach and cover. Heat to medium-high for 1 minute. Spinach should turn very green, but not completely wilted.
- Remove from skillet, drain any excess water and rough chop; set aside.
- Wipe out skillet, return to stove, add a tablespoon of oil and minced garlic, heat to medium.
- Take each chicken breast and make a slit along the side, careful not to cut all the way through. (Should create a deep pocket)
- Combine spinach, Gouda and roasted red pepper along with sea salt, pepper and lemon pepper.
- Evenly distribute the mixture, stuffing each breast and sealing with toothpicks as necessary.
- Season the outside of each breast with lemon-pepper seasoning, wrap in bacon and secure with toothpicks and add to skillet.
- Cook on each side for 3 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Remove from skillet and place onto prepared baking sheet (cover baking sheet in foil and spraying with cooking spray)
- Place in oven next to tomatoes and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Prepare pot with water and vegetable steamer basket - bring to a boil.
- Clean brussels sprouts and cut in half.
- Add brussels sprouts to pot and cover, cooking for 10-15 minutes until vibrant in color and cuts easily with a knife.
- Remove and drain.
- In a bowl, toss with olive oil, salt, lemon pepper and more gouda.