The Dessert Dietitian
Click here for original post
Time: 55 m (25 m prep, 30 m cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 2 sweet potatoes, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 pound lean turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt*
- 1 teaspoon fennel
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper*
- 2 cups egg whites
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Grease 2 pie dishes. Line bottom and sides with sweet potato. Lightly spray with cooking oil. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While crust is baking, mix together turkey, salt, fennel, sage, marjoram, cayenne, and black pepper in a large bowl using your hands to blend well.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Place turkey blend in the skillet and brown until no longer pink in the center, breaking apart into crumbles. This should take about 15 minutes.
- In a clean large bowl, mix together egg whites, eggs, almond milk, Brussels sprouts, and tomatoes. Stir turkey into mixture once cooked.
- Remove crusts from the oven and pour an even amount of egg/turkey mixture over each crust.
- Decrease oven heat to 375 F and cook both quiches for 30 additional minutes or until no longer runny and lightly browned on top.