Neat & Nutritious
Click for original post
Time: 40 minutes (10 min prep, 30 min cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 2 T vegan butter
- 1 T olive oil*
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 T green garlic, finely diced
- 1 c snap peas, thinly sliced
- 3/4 c arborio rice
- 1/4 c dry white wine*
- 4-5 c vegetable stock
- 1/2 c artichoke hearts, diced
- 2 c spinach
- 1/2 c raw cashews, (soaked in water overnight, if possible)
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt*
- 1/4 tsp black pepper*
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 1 T parsley, chopped
Salt and Pepper
- Soak cashews in boiling water for 20-30 minutes. (Alternative option: soak overnight if timing allows)
- Heat vegan butter and oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds.
- Add snap peas and rice. Let rice start to toast and brown slightly. Add wine to deglaze pan.
- Add stock 1/2 c at a time, stirring often, until all is absorbed and rice is cooked. About halfway through cooking, add artichoke hearts and spinach so they cook into the rice slightly.
- Combine cashews, lemon juice, and 1/2 c broth in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Once rice is done, add cashew cream, slowly stirring it in. Add sea salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast. Let simmer to combine.
- Top with parsley and serve.