Neat & Nutritious
Click for original post
Time: 30 minutes (10 min prep, 20 min cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 1 T olive oil*
- 2 c onion, diced
- 2 bell pepper, diced
- 2 jalapeno, diced
- 1 c frozen corn
- 2 15 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 c dry green lentils
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 T chili powder
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 chipotle in adobo + 4 tsp adobo sauce
- 8 c vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper*
Salt and Pepper
- Heat oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and peppers and saute until softened.
- Add corn, tomatoes, beans, and lentils. Add spices, chipotle, and adobo sauce and stir to combine. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until flavors are combined, about 10 minutes.
- Add stock, scraping any browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Bring to a simmer, and let cook until soup slightly thickens and lentils are cooked through, 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with toppings of choice (cilantro and avocado provided).