Click for original post
Time: 1:05 m (20 m prep, 45 m cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 2 butternut squash cubed
- 2 Eggplant cubed
- 1 package tempeh
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil*
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Salt and pepper* to taste
- 2 packages of taco shells
- 1 cup raw almonds (soaked in hot water for 20 minutes or room temperature water for 2-3 hours if time allows)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp salt*
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil*
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil* (coconut oil if available)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red pepper
- 1 15 oz can corn drained
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can tomatoes diced
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 2 cups spinach
Salt and pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put butternut squash and eggplant into a roasting dish and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 45 minutes or until tender and set aside.
- In the meantime, make the smoky almond creme in the food processor. Combine soaked almonds, lemon, olive oil, sea salt, garlic, and smoked paprika until they make a nice creamy sauce. Add more garlic, salt, and pepper as needed.
- To serve: warm your favorite tortillas in the oven, then place the roasted veggies inside and top with the almond creme.
- In a large stockpot, saute the chopped onion on medium-high heat for 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add garlic, cumin, turmeric and red pepper. Saute for another minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil, then simmer with a lid for 20 minutes.