Method to my Meals
Click For Original Post
Time: 45 m (35 m prep, 10 m cook)
(Ingredients and measurements subject to availability)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper*
- 1½ pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot Green Pepper sauce
- 4 serrano peppers, remove seeds if you dont want it too spicy
- 6-7 garlic gloves, unminced
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Juice and zest of ½ lime
- 2 lb. Jasmine Rice
- Combine the soy sauce, 8 cloves garlic and black pepper with the shrimp in a medium bowl. Coat the shrimp, cover with plastic wrap, and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Using a grill pan on your stove, a grill, or a sauté pan, coat with canola oil, and cook the shrimp for 2 minutes flip and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes. Serve over jasmine ride and with a desired sauce.
- Hot Green Pepper Sauce:
- Remove stems from peppers, and remove seeds if desired. Put the peppers and second set of whole garlic cloves into a food processor. Pulse several times to combine. Pour the mixture into a bowl, and add in the fish sauce, brown sugar, zest and lime juice, and stir well.
- Prepare rice according to package instructions.
- Serve shrimp over rice and enjoy!